- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
- Nigerian ambassador to Qatar, Abdullahi Wase is dead
- Photos from Nasarawa gas explosion
- 2019: Atiku escape mob action after submitting PDP nomination forms
- Photos of 3 APC LG chairman killed in auto crash in Saudi Arabia
- 2019: Saraki, Jonathan in closed door meeting
- Nollywood loses another actress, Uduak Akrah
- Nollywood loses another Veteran Actor, Chike Osuji
Born same day, recruited into Police force same day, died same day — Tragic story of Minna Police twins
Atmosphere of mourning covers MINNA, the Niger State capital following the death of twin brothers, Mohammed Hassan and Mohammed Hussain in an accident on Tuesday.
The Twin brothers, who were police officers and were recruited into the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) same day, lost their lives in Minna, Niger State Tuesday.
Tears flowed freely as relations and members of Niger State Police Command heard the news of their death.
Mohammed Hassan and Mohammed Hussaini were reportedly killed when a driver ran into them at Maitumbi, a suburb of Minna.
Both were on a motorcycle when the incident occurred.
One of the deceased was a police sergeant while the other was a corporal but they both joined the force the same day and were known for their gallantry and dedication to duty in their place of work and the state headquarters of the police command.
Hussaini was said to be a prosecutor and his wife was recently delivered of a set of twins.
It was gathered that the two policemen were hit by a Peugeot 206 salon car driver who was also hospitalised as a result of the injury he sustained in the accident.
The driver according to the report simply called Mohammed had been unconscious since he was admitted to the Minna General Hospital.
The command’s Public Relations Officer, Muhammad Abubakar, confirmed the story describing the incident as an accident.
“It is an accident; the matter is being investigated at the end of the investigation we will know the next step to take,”
Abubakar said the corpses had been released to their relations for burial.