- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
- Breaking: Yinka Ayefele finally confirms wife’s delivery of triplets in US
- Breaking: Buhari plays video on INEC’s stand on results transmission
- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
- Breaking: Presidential Election Tribunal admits 48 compact discs as exhibits
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rules in suit seeking sack of Bulkachuwa
- Breaking: Buhari, APC, INEC object to move by Atiku, PDP to play video at tribunal
- Presidential Election Petition Tribunal: Atiku’s witness admits paying N10,000 to soldiers during election
Turmeric: 5 health benefits of this super herb are surprising
Turmeric also helps eliminate depression, alleviate pain, slow the aging process, protect the digestive tract, and prevent cancer
Owing to the fact that turmeric is popular for complementing a variety of dishes, the health benefits of this super herb have been overlooked for long.
Classified as a super herb for the surprising health benefits it emboldens, turmeric has the ability to reduce inflammation, heal wounds, improve skin health, protect cognitive abilities, and ease menstrual difficulties.
Turmeric also helps eliminate depression, alleviate pain, slow the aging process, protect the digestive tract, and prevent cancer.
Unarguably, there are not many herbs that carry so much healing properties like turmeric; this is why herbal practitioners keep praising it as one of the most powerful medicines when it comes to traditional remedies.
Here are some of the surprising health benefits of turmeric
1. It prevents cancer
In a world where everyone seems to be concern about the dangers and threats of cancer, it is important to state here that turmeric is one of the best herbal approaches to the treatment or prevention of various types of cancer.
As a matter of fact, a number of laboratory studies on cancer cells have shown that curcumin, which is the principal curcuminoid of turmeric, does have anticancer effects.
It has been observed to have the ability to kill cancer cells as well preventing more from growing. In addition, turmeric also has the best effects on breast cancer, bowel cancer, and stomach cancer and skin cancer cells.