- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
Turmeric: 5 health benefits of this super herb are surprising
Turmeric also helps eliminate depression, alleviate pain, slow the aging process, protect the digestive tract, and prevent cancer
Owing to the fact that turmeric is popular for complementing a variety of dishes, the health benefits of this super herb have been overlooked for long.
Classified as a super herb for the surprising health benefits it emboldens, turmeric has the ability to reduce inflammation, heal wounds, improve skin health, protect cognitive abilities, and ease menstrual difficulties.
Turmeric also helps eliminate depression, alleviate pain, slow the aging process, protect the digestive tract, and prevent cancer.
Unarguably, there are not many herbs that carry so much healing properties like turmeric; this is why herbal practitioners keep praising it as one of the most powerful medicines when it comes to traditional remedies.
Here are some of the surprising health benefits of turmeric
1. It prevents cancer
In a world where everyone seems to be concern about the dangers and threats of cancer, it is important to state here that turmeric is one of the best herbal approaches to the treatment or prevention of various types of cancer.
As a matter of fact, a number of laboratory studies on cancer cells have shown that curcumin, which is the principal curcuminoid of turmeric, does have anticancer effects.
It has been observed to have the ability to kill cancer cells as well preventing more from growing. In addition, turmeric also has the best effects on breast cancer, bowel cancer, and stomach cancer and skin cancer cells.