- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
Turmeric: 5 health benefits of this super herb are surprising
Turmeric also helps eliminate depression, alleviate pain, slow the aging process, protect the digestive tract, and prevent cancer
Owing to the fact that turmeric is popular for complementing a variety of dishes, the health benefits of this super herb have been overlooked for long.
Classified as a super herb for the surprising health benefits it emboldens, turmeric has the ability to reduce inflammation, heal wounds, improve skin health, protect cognitive abilities, and ease menstrual difficulties.
Turmeric also helps eliminate depression, alleviate pain, slow the aging process, protect the digestive tract, and prevent cancer.
Unarguably, there are not many herbs that carry so much healing properties like turmeric; this is why herbal practitioners keep praising it as one of the most powerful medicines when it comes to traditional remedies.
Here are some of the surprising health benefits of turmeric
1. It prevents cancer
In a world where everyone seems to be concern about the dangers and threats of cancer, it is important to state here that turmeric is one of the best herbal approaches to the treatment or prevention of various types of cancer.
As a matter of fact, a number of laboratory studies on cancer cells have shown that curcumin, which is the principal curcuminoid of turmeric, does have anticancer effects.
It has been observed to have the ability to kill cancer cells as well preventing more from growing. In addition, turmeric also has the best effects on breast cancer, bowel cancer, and stomach cancer and skin cancer cells.