- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
- BREAKING: UAE sentence another 8 Nigerians to death for robbery, 1 jailed for possession of stolen money
- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
According to a statement by Brig.-Gen Texas Chukwu, the army spokesman, the suspect is believed to be number 96 on the wanted list earlier published by the army.
Chukwu said Lawan was apprehended after he infiltrated into an Internally Displaced Persons camp in the area.
“The suspect is currently undergoing preliminary investigation and will be handed over to the appropriate authority for further action,” he said.
Meanwhile, Chukwu said troops had neutralised two terrorists at Malari village also in Borno during an ambush while others fled into the bush.
He said 10 bicycles were recovered from the terrorists during the encounter.
In a similar development, he said troops had dislodged armed militia from their camp at Gbamjimba-Akor axis in Guma Local Government Area of Benue.
He said unspecified number of the armed militia men were neutralised, adding that others escaped into nearby bushes with gunshot wounds.
Chukwu said one AK 47 rifle, two AK 47 rifle magazines, 60 rounds of 7.62 mm special ammunition and five motorcycles were recovered from them.