- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
Veteran broadcaster, Tunde Alabi is the latest victim of foreign currency exchange scam that has been a regular occurrence in Lagos.
Read his ordeal and public warning below.
Don’t change foreign currency in front of Airport Hotel, IKEJA. Don’t !Don’t. !
I changed an amount from dollars to naira yesterday. I then drove drove into Allen avenue a 5 minute drive into MTN office without getting down from the car. Behold almost 50% of the money had disappeared.
This morning a friend called me. And I narrated what happened. He laughed and told me this experience yesterday. He was staying at Airport hotel, changed money from inside his car by the petrol station just as I did, he got to computer village to buy phone. Behold 100k had disappeared.
He even went back to meet the guys but they said they never met him in their life.
Incidentally both the people at the MTN office and the staff of Airport hotel told both of us separately that it’s a daily occurrence. That when people change money in front of the airport hotel certain amount must disappear in your pocket. Do you know anybody with the same experience ????