- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
- I’ve been pushed out — Senate President, Saraki, says as he dumps APC for PDP
- Fire guts Gov Aregbesola’s office 30 days to Osun Election
Remains of the nine Corps members who drowned in River Salihu Dogo at Mayo Selbe in Gashaka Local Government Area of Taraba State last Sunday, were today, conveyed back to their various states for burial.
A cross section of Corps members converged at the Specialist Hospital, Jalingo to pay their last respect to the departed colleagues.
Sharing the photos today, one of the Corps member, Ezebuihe Charles, wrote:
“We came to taraba state together with the intention of going together but death took nine of you away from us. They obeyed the call to serve their fathers land not knowing that death was also calling. The news your drowning brought great shock to us. Death you have done your worst to us.
Their families bid them fare well to serve their fathers land, now they are being brought home in lifeless state. To their families, may God grant you the grace to bear the lost and to our falling hero’s, may your souls find peace with God.”