- BREAKING: Stolen card readers caught with three persons in Lagos
- BREAKING: JAMB shifts UTME exams
- Yobe State Deputy Speaker, Garba Ibrahim is dead
- Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri mosque, 11 confirmed dead
- Aide to Delta State Governor on youth matters, Ngozi Ijei shot dead
- BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
- BREAKING: INEC To Postpone Presidential Election
- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
According to a statement by the spokesman, Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abuja, Tope Elias-Fatile, Mr Abdullahi Wase, a non-career ambassador from Plateau State, had been sick for a while until his death on Friday night.
The late envoy would be buried in Doha at 7.00pm (local time) today.
“The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, received the news of his death with shock and prayed that God grant his family and the nation the fortitude to bear the great loss,” the statement added.