- Nigeria economy is in bad shape, Buhari tells governors
- Gunmen kill 10, kidnapped 3 women in Zamfara
- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
According to a statement by the spokesman, Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abuja, Tope Elias-Fatile, Mr Abdullahi Wase, a non-career ambassador from Plateau State, had been sick for a while until his death on Friday night.
The late envoy would be buried in Doha at 7.00pm (local time) today.
“The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, received the news of his death with shock and prayed that God grant his family and the nation the fortitude to bear the great loss,” the statement added.