5 ancient African queens who should always be acknowledged in history
A number of women rose to power and greatness in Africa and while at it led troops to victory and protected their land.
For nearly all of written history, men have held the majority of the top ruling positions in Africa. However, their female counterparts held great positions as well. A number of women rose to power and greatness in Africa and while at it led troops to victory and protected their land.
Withinnigeria now takes a look at some of the continent’s dynamic ancient queens:
1. Candace – The Empress of Ethiopia (332 BC)
Candace is noted as being one of the strongest female military tacticians who had excellent skills at commanding a military.
It has been told that King Alexander pulled back his army from attempting to invade Ethiopia during 332 BC because of the fear of the great African Empress.
- Photos from the naming ceremony of Regina Daniels and Ned Nwoko’s son
- Woman arrested in Kogi for ‘bathing’ niece with hot water
- Offa Robbery suspect claims police killed six persons in his presence, says his confession is under duress
- EFCC allegedly arrests Instagram big boy, Killaboi, in Umuahia
- Funke Akindele Did Not Buy Me A House, Pa James Breaks Silence
- Two young men, 21, 23, steal Lexus SUV, kill owner, dump corpse in Anambra forest
- Drunk policeman kills young businessman at Iwo Road in Ibadan