- Gunmen kill 10, kidnapped 3 women in Zamfara
- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
- Tension rocks Akwa Ibom as sacked lawmakers again shut down Assembly complex, move to impeach Speaker
Driver sleep off, crash God is Good transport’s bus, scores of passengers seriously injured
No fewer than 10 persons were seriously injured as severally others narrowly escaped death in an auto crash involving a bus belonging to God is Good Transport Company.
It was gathered that the incident happened after the driver allegedly slept off on the steering along Benin-Lagos Road, yesterday.
One of the passengers, who identified herself as Chenemi, told our correspondent, who ran into the accident that the bus veered off the road after the driver reportedly dozed off and landed in a bush.
“The driver slept off while on steering and lost control of the vehicle. Before we knew it, we were already heading towards the bush.
“I sustained injury on my forehead. It was the airbag that saved me because I was sitting close to the driver.”
The source further disclosed that eight other persons were severely injured while an infant lost one of her fingers to the mishap.
She blamed the driver for his unprofessional conduct while calling on the relevant authorities to call the management of the company to order.
The incident happened days after over seven passengers, mostly women traveling with same transport company were kidnapped.
The passengers were abducted on their way to Lagos from Enugu in Ore.
Meanwhile, a text message to the media department of the company for reaction was not replied at the time of this report.