- Breaking: 12 injured as 3 Storey Building Collapses in Lagos
- JUST IN: Court strikes out certificate fraud case against AbdulRazaq
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
Driver sleep off, crash God is Good transport’s bus, scores of passengers seriously injured
No fewer than 10 persons were seriously injured as severally others narrowly escaped death in an auto crash involving a bus belonging to God is Good Transport Company.
It was gathered that the incident happened after the driver allegedly slept off on the steering along Benin-Lagos Road, yesterday.
One of the passengers, who identified herself as Chenemi, told our correspondent, who ran into the accident that the bus veered off the road after the driver reportedly dozed off and landed in a bush.
“The driver slept off while on steering and lost control of the vehicle. Before we knew it, we were already heading towards the bush.
“I sustained injury on my forehead. It was the airbag that saved me because I was sitting close to the driver.”
The source further disclosed that eight other persons were severely injured while an infant lost one of her fingers to the mishap.
She blamed the driver for his unprofessional conduct while calling on the relevant authorities to call the management of the company to order.
The incident happened days after over seven passengers, mostly women traveling with same transport company were kidnapped.
The passengers were abducted on their way to Lagos from Enugu in Ore.
Meanwhile, a text message to the media department of the company for reaction was not replied at the time of this report.