- Ex-OAU lecturer, Akindele in Sex-for-Marks scandal remanded in prison
- APC chairman for Cross River State, Dr. Mathew Achigbe dies in ghastly motor accident
- Police protest lack of accommodation in Imo
- FG declares Tuesday, November 20th as public holiday to celebrate Eid-El Maulud
- Minimum wage: N30,000 will lead us to bankruptcy, says Governors
- Biafra: Court orders Senator Abaribe, 2 others to pay N100m each for failing to produce Nnamdi Kanu
- Anambra State Assembly Speaker, Rita Maduagwu impeached
- Ondo State Speaker, Bamidele Oloyelogun and his Deputy Iroju Ogundeji impeached
- APC missing as INEC publishes list of guber candidates in Imo State
- Labour calls off strike, yet to unveil new figure for minimum wage
Breakfast is, as they say, the most important meal of the day, provided you eat something healthy.
Unhealthy breakfast, on the other hand, can be far worse than skipping breakfast. An unhealthy breakfast can cause weight gain, make you lazy and sluggish, and increase the risk of heart disease.
Here are the 5 worst breakfast foods you need to stop eating immediately.
5 Breakfast Foods You Need to Stop Eating
1) Pancakes and Waffles
Pancakes and waffles are popular breakfast choices across the world. Although they have higher protein content than some of the other breakfast items, pancakes and waffles are very high in refined flour.
Research indicates that refined flour such as wheat flour causes obesity, inflammation, and insulin resistance.
To make it worse, pancakes and waffles are often paired with pancake syrups which contain high-fructose corn syrup. Research indicates that high fructose corn syrup can be as bad as sugar in terms of negative health effects.
Eating excess amount of high-fructose corn syrup can cause weight gain, type 2 diabetes, and increase risk of heart disease. So avoid these unhealthy breakfast foods at all costs.