- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
- Boat carrying election results, INEC officials capsizes in Delta State; 12 missing
World’s most expensive pair of shoes go on sale for $17m
We had to prototype many shoes in Italy in order to find the perfect shape, perfect heel, the perfect colour for it
Made out of leather, gold, silk and diamonds, the world’s most expensive pair of shoes have been put on sale for a jaw-dropping $17 million.
A Dubai-based shoemaker named Jada Dubai unveiled the shoes at the Burj Al Arab hotel.
“Dubai is the city of millionaires and billionaires… we see it as a potential market, along with the entire (Gulf) region,” said Hemant Karamchandani, chief executive of Passion Jewellers, which supplied the jewels.
“Jada Dubai designs only shoes with diamonds. For the launch of our second collection, we wanted to create a piece that is truly unique in the world using very rare diamonds,” said Maria Majari, co-founder and creative director of Jada Dubai.
Majari added that “there will be only one pair of The Passion Diamond Shoes in the world.
“We had to prototype many shoes in Italy in order to find the perfect shape, perfect heel, the perfect colour for it.
“Even inside, the logos of both companies are made out gold, which is very thin, so it will be very comfortable for walking”