- APC chairman for Cross River State, Dr. Mathew Achigbe dies in ghastly motor accident
- Police protest lack of accommodation in Imo
- FG declares Tuesday, November 20th as public holiday to celebrate Eid-El Maulud
- Minimum wage: N30,000 will lead us to bankruptcy, says Governors
- Biafra: Court orders Senator Abaribe, 2 others to pay N100m each for failing to produce Nnamdi Kanu
- Anambra State Assembly Speaker, Rita Maduagwu impeached
- Ondo State Speaker, Bamidele Oloyelogun and his Deputy Iroju Ogundeji impeached
- APC missing as INEC publishes list of guber candidates in Imo State
- Labour calls off strike, yet to unveil new figure for minimum wage
- ASUU kick off indefinite strike
World’s most expensive pair of shoes go on sale for $17m
We had to prototype many shoes in Italy in order to find the perfect shape, perfect heel, the perfect colour for it
Made out of leather, gold, silk and diamonds, the world’s most expensive pair of shoes have been put on sale for a jaw-dropping $17 million.
A Dubai-based shoemaker named Jada Dubai unveiled the shoes at the Burj Al Arab hotel.
“Dubai is the city of millionaires and billionaires… we see it as a potential market, along with the entire (Gulf) region,” said Hemant Karamchandani, chief executive of Passion Jewellers, which supplied the jewels.
“Jada Dubai designs only shoes with diamonds. For the launch of our second collection, we wanted to create a piece that is truly unique in the world using very rare diamonds,” said Maria Majari, co-founder and creative director of Jada Dubai.
Majari added that “there will be only one pair of The Passion Diamond Shoes in the world.
“We had to prototype many shoes in Italy in order to find the perfect shape, perfect heel, the perfect colour for it.
“Even inside, the logos of both companies are made out gold, which is very thin, so it will be very comfortable for walking”