- BREAKING: Stolen card readers caught with three persons in Lagos
- BREAKING: JAMB shifts UTME exams
- Yobe State Deputy Speaker, Garba Ibrahim is dead
- Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri mosque, 11 confirmed dead
- Aide to Delta State Governor on youth matters, Ngozi Ijei shot dead
- BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
- BREAKING: INEC To Postpone Presidential Election
- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
I made N1.2m posing as fake Police Inspector – confession of a Welder
A welder, Adebisi Kayode, has said he made about N1.2m from impersonating a police inspector.
Kayode, who was paraded by the Oyo State Police Command in Eleyele, Ibadan, was said to have defrauded his victims by telling them that he would help them to purchase auction vehicles.
The state Commissioner of Police, Abiodun Odude, who paraded Kayode and other suspected criminals, said, “This impostor, who is a welder, unlawfully obtained money worth over N2m from unsuspecting victims under the pretext of helping them to buy auction vehicles and other property from the office of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad.
“Items recovered from him are handcuffs, horsewhip, identity card, cash and four SIM cards.”
Kayode told newsmen that he got the items from a friend who was a policeman.
He said, “I was arrested two weeks ago. One of my friends, Corporal Sunday, became drunken one day and he could not drive home. I called his mechanic to drive him home.
“From his car, I took the handcuffs and the horsewhip. I told people that I was a police inspector in order to collect money from them. I have made more than N1.2m before I was arrested.”