- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
- Nigerian ambassador to Qatar, Abdullahi Wase is dead
I made N1.2m posing as fake Police Inspector – confession of a Welder
A welder, Adebisi Kayode, has said he made about N1.2m from impersonating a police inspector.
Kayode, who was paraded by the Oyo State Police Command in Eleyele, Ibadan, was said to have defrauded his victims by telling them that he would help them to purchase auction vehicles.
The state Commissioner of Police, Abiodun Odude, who paraded Kayode and other suspected criminals, said, “This impostor, who is a welder, unlawfully obtained money worth over N2m from unsuspecting victims under the pretext of helping them to buy auction vehicles and other property from the office of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad.
“Items recovered from him are handcuffs, horsewhip, identity card, cash and four SIM cards.”
Kayode told newsmen that he got the items from a friend who was a policeman.
He said, “I was arrested two weeks ago. One of my friends, Corporal Sunday, became drunken one day and he could not drive home. I called his mechanic to drive him home.
“From his car, I took the handcuffs and the horsewhip. I told people that I was a police inspector in order to collect money from them. I have made more than N1.2m before I was arrested.”