- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
Protest rock LAUTECH as the University reportedly increase tuition from N75,000 to N250,000
Students of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, LAUTECH, took to the streets of Osogbo, the Osun State capital, to protest the increment in tuition fees which was increased from N75,000 to N250,000
The management of LAUTECH who increased the school fees from N75,000 to N250,000, said it will take effect from the 2018/2019 Academic Session.
The notice reads;
NOTICE TO ALL STUDENTS ON PAYMENT OF NEW TUITION FEES WITH EFFECT FROM 2018/2019 ACADEMIC SESSION
Notice is hereby given to all students of the University that new regime of tuition fees with effect from 2018/2019 Academic Session is as follow:
1. Indigenes of the Owner-States (Oyo and Osun) – N200, 000.00 (Two hundred thousand Naira) per session.
2. Non-Indigenes –N250, 000.00 (Two hundred and fifty thousand Naira) per session.
Please note that the resumption date for the Harmattan Semester of the 2018/2019 Academic Session remains Monday, October 29, 2018.
J. A. Agboola