- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
Protest rock LAUTECH as the University reportedly increase tuition from N75,000 to N250,000
Students of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, LAUTECH, took to the streets of Osogbo, the Osun State capital, to protest the increment in tuition fees which was increased from N75,000 to N250,000
The management of LAUTECH who increased the school fees from N75,000 to N250,000, said it will take effect from the 2018/2019 Academic Session.
The notice reads;
NOTICE TO ALL STUDENTS ON PAYMENT OF NEW TUITION FEES WITH EFFECT FROM 2018/2019 ACADEMIC SESSION
Notice is hereby given to all students of the University that new regime of tuition fees with effect from 2018/2019 Academic Session is as follow:
1. Indigenes of the Owner-States (Oyo and Osun) – N200, 000.00 (Two hundred thousand Naira) per session.
2. Non-Indigenes –N250, 000.00 (Two hundred and fifty thousand Naira) per session.
Please note that the resumption date for the Harmattan Semester of the 2018/2019 Academic Session remains Monday, October 29, 2018.
J. A. Agboola