- BREAKING: Court adjourns El-Zakzaky’s trial indefinitely
- INEC result TV Interpreter, Peter Oyekale stabbed, hospitalized (photos)
- Despite condemning some PDP’s evidences, Tribunal voids Oyetola’s victory, declares Adeleke winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
Small Japron: 21 Political thugs arrested over death of two cultists during clash
Lagos State Police Command said it arrested 21 suspected political thugs following the death of two suspected cultists, Small Japron and Solomon at a political rally in Obanikoro area of the state.
The command spokesperson, CSP Chike Oti, made the disclosure in a statement on Thursday in Lagos State. Oti said the two suspected cultists were on the police wanted list for their roles in various cult clashes in the state.
“Yesterday, October 17 at 5:15pm, the Divisional Police Officer in charge of Pedro Police Station, received a call that two persons, later identified as Ibrahim a.k.a Small Japron and one Solo were killed at a political gathering.’’
He said the gathering was “organised by Ademorin Kuye, at a place called Home Touch, situated at No. 228, Ikorodu Road by Obanikoro Way.
“The deceased persons, who had been involved in several cult clashes, were on the wanted list of the police for leading several cult fights in the Shomolu, Bariga, Fadeyi and Ojuelegba areas of the state.
“They were trailed to the gathering by a rival cult group, who invaded the arena and began to attack people.
“The fight was however brought to an end by the police who arrived quickly at the scene and made some arrests.
“Unfortunately, the notorious cultists, Ibrahim (a.k.a Japron) and Solo, died as a result of injuries sustained during the fight.
“Recall that the command had on Septemeber 10, issued a press statement warning politicians not to gather in public places without notifying it to enable adequate provision of security and prevent hoodlums from hijacking such events.
“Regrettably, the host of the political meeting, Hon. Ademorin Kuye, did not inform the police of his intention to host his supporters.
“Meanwhile, 21 persons have so far been arrested in connection with the case and are currently been questioned by homicide detectives of the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department Panti, Yaba.’’
Oti added that the command has also invited Kuye for questioning.
“The Commissioner of Police, Lagos State, CP Imohimi Edgal, has ordered a manhunt for the perpetrators of this dastardly act,” he said, adding that the perpetrators would be prosecuted.