- APC chairman for Cross River State, Dr. Mathew Achigbe dies in ghastly motor accident
- Police protest lack of accommodation in Imo
- FG declares Tuesday, November 20th as public holiday to celebrate Eid-El Maulud
- Minimum wage: N30,000 will lead us to bankruptcy, says Governors
- Biafra: Court orders Senator Abaribe, 2 others to pay N100m each for failing to produce Nnamdi Kanu
- Anambra State Assembly Speaker, Rita Maduagwu impeached
- Ondo State Speaker, Bamidele Oloyelogun and his Deputy Iroju Ogundeji impeached
- APC missing as INEC publishes list of guber candidates in Imo State
- Labour calls off strike, yet to unveil new figure for minimum wage
- ASUU kick off indefinite strike
Akwa Ibom girl who was impregnated @13yrs resume school with son
Video of a girl who gave birth at 13 going to school with her little son
A video of a teenage girl and her son going to school have melted many hearts on social media. According to reports, the girl had given birth to the little boy when she was just 13.
She was rescued by a Danish humanitarian, Ango Ringgren Lovén Danish humanitarian currently living in Nigeria, Ango Ringgren Lovén, is making impact in Nigeria as she continues to rescue helpless children abandoned by their family. Recall a while ago, she made headlines for rescuing a boy who was declared a witch by his family.
Well, this time around she is currently making waves on social media after she shared a video of a teenage girl identified as Ekemini, and her son walking to school. Watch the video below.
According to the story she posted on Facebook, the girl had gotten pregnant at 13 and was rescued by Lovén. She wrote: “When we rescued Ekemini she was 13 years old and pregnant. I cannot go into details about the stories of our children but I’m sure you can imagine how pathetic a story Ekemini came with being pregnant at age 13 !
kemini had a cesarean a few months after the rescue. Our nurse Rose, our Director of Child Development Orok, our Education Officer Don and David Emmanuel Umem was with her. I was there with her through Skype from Denmark We were all so happy to welcome Abasiofon to the world.
Only one day after the cesarean Ekemini stood out of bed ! She was so strong and NEVER complained about anything. Ekemini is one of the strongest girls I have ever met in my life. To become a mother at the age of 13 is not easy and Ekemini had a lot to learn. Lucky for her she was surrounded by the best staff in the world.
Our staff have been guiding her to become a loving and caring mother ❤️ When Abasiofon was 1 year old Ekemini started school. And not long ago Abasiofon started nursery school. I just love to see mother and son hand in hand walking to school.
Then I know we are making a difference. Children are our future. And all children in the world has the right to quality education ✏️” Lovén who has been in Nigeria for a while, carrying out humanitarian services in Akwa Ibom, has caused great positive impacts in the lives of many children who prior to her arrival, were living on the streets and tagged as evil beings. Amazing!