- Atiku no longer restricted by Visa as the PDP presidential Candidate enters US with Senate President, Saraki
- Nigerian Billionaire, Femi Otedola set to acquire Power Distributing Firm in less than a month
- Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire, Amb. Ibrahim Isah is dead
- Change of Lagos Commissioner of Police suspended
- Terrorists attack Upscale Hotel Complex in Kenya
- 2019: Senate Deputy, Ekweremadu finally gets appointment in Atiku’s Team
- Exposed: Dennis Aghanya, the man who petition Justice Walter Onnoghen was President Buhari’s aide
- CJN Walter Onnoghen: Atiku warns Buhari, says don’t throw Nigeria into crisis
- Again, APC website has been hacked
- Armed Policemen storm NFF with warrant to arrest Amaju Pinnick, others
Man Drowns In A Popular Hotel’s Swimming Pool Located In Akure
A middle-aged man has reportedly died in a swimming pool in Akure, the Ondo State capital.
According to a source who preferred anonymity, the deceased whose identity is yet to be known was a lodger at Helena hotel, Ijapo, the state capital.
The source who is one of the workers at the hotel stated that efforts to rescue the deceased who took time out to use the hotel’s swimming pool proved abortive.
Confirming the incident, the Police Public Relations Officer, Ondo state command, Femi Joseph disclosed that the deceased who had lodged in the hotel was not a good swimmer.
According to Mr Joseph, the deceased was not a good swimmer, hence the ugly incident and that autopsy and other investigation had commenced on the case.
Reacting to the allegations that there had been recurrent of such incidents in Helena hotel, the PPRO said the police had not suspected any complicity in the case.
Meanwhile, it has been alleged by residents within the hotel’s neighbourhood that death is usually recorded almost every year in the hotel’s swimming pool.
One of the residents who simply gave her name as Fumbi said that, “Only God knows what is happening to the hotel. About a year ago, a young man who had come to have fun also died in the same tragic scenario.
“You can ask other people around, they will tell you the same thing,” she stated.