- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Indonesian Teenagers boil used sanitary pads, nappies, drink the liquid to get high
Indonesian teenagers are reportedly boiling used sanitary pads and nappies and drinking the resulting liquid in attempts to get high.
The sanitary pads are boiled for around one hour, then the resultant liquid is left to cool before drinking it to get high. The beverage is understood to be “bitter” but is often consumed three times a day by users.
The Indonesian National Drug Agency (BNN) said the chemicals in the sanitary pads give those who drink the concoction a feeling of “flying” and hallucinations.
The bizarre new craze has reportedly gripped youths looking for a cheap and legal way to get high.
The Indonesian Drug Agency added that some teenagers go as far as boiling soiled nappies in the same way as with pads just to get high.
Senior Commander Suprinarto, head of the BNN in Central Java:
“The used pads they took from the trash were put in boiling water. After it cooled down, they drank it together.”
Police on the island have in recent weeks arrested teenagers said to be high from the “sanitary pad formula”, Strait Times says. Some of those arrested are as young as 14.