- Gunmen kill 10, kidnapped 3 women in Zamfara
- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
- Tension rocks Akwa Ibom as sacked lawmakers again shut down Assembly complex, move to impeach Speaker
Five lawmakers in Akwa Ibom State Assembly whose seats were recently declared vacant by the Speaker of the House, Barr. Onofiok Luke had in the early hours of today stormed the Assembly complex with thugs and heavily armed policemen.
They were seen with a mace which could be for the impeachment of the Speaker, suspension of the 21 members of the Assembly and probably commence proceedings to impeach the Governor of the State.
It was gathered that the lawmakers chased everyone out, manhandled the Press Secretary to the Speaker, Kufre Okon and headed straight to the chambers.
All the doors were shut while the former lawmakers were still inside the chambers for the proceedings.
You may like to read; Chaos in Anambra state House of Assembly as police teargas lawmaker, thugs