- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
Five lawmakers in Akwa Ibom State Assembly whose seats were recently declared vacant by the Speaker of the House, Barr. Onofiok Luke had in the early hours of today stormed the Assembly complex with thugs and heavily armed policemen.
They were seen with a mace which could be for the impeachment of the Speaker, suspension of the 21 members of the Assembly and probably commence proceedings to impeach the Governor of the State.
It was gathered that the lawmakers chased everyone out, manhandled the Press Secretary to the Speaker, Kufre Okon and headed straight to the chambers.
All the doors were shut while the former lawmakers were still inside the chambers for the proceedings.
You may like to read; Chaos in Anambra state House of Assembly as police teargas lawmaker, thugs