- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Five lawmakers in Akwa Ibom State Assembly whose seats were recently declared vacant by the Speaker of the House, Barr. Onofiok Luke had in the early hours of today stormed the Assembly complex with thugs and heavily armed policemen.
They were seen with a mace which could be for the impeachment of the Speaker, suspension of the 21 members of the Assembly and probably commence proceedings to impeach the Governor of the State.
It was gathered that the lawmakers chased everyone out, manhandled the Press Secretary to the Speaker, Kufre Okon and headed straight to the chambers.
All the doors were shut while the former lawmakers were still inside the chambers for the proceedings.
You may like to read; Chaos in Anambra state House of Assembly as police teargas lawmaker, thugs