- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
- BREAKING: Barely 24hrs after Oshiomhole Suspension, Edo APC suspends Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Deputy Gov, SSG
- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
If You Want Food Three Times Daily, Vote Atiku – Goodluck Jonathan Appeal To Nigerians
The immediate past president, Goodluck Jonathan, on Monday declared that the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, was the only candidate for the 2019 poll who can turn the economic fortunes of Nigeria around.
Jonathan said the Waziri of Adamawa has shown that he has what it takes to create an impact on the economy.
He said this during flag off of the North-West zonal campaign of Abubakar in Sokoto.
The ex-president also urged Nigerians to vote for Abubakar in 2019 “so that all of us will have food to eat”.
He noted that the North-West geopolitical zone was the most populous part of Nigeria.
According to Jonathan, “We have seen four presidents, from Obasanjo to our late brother, Yar’Adua, to myself, and to the current president. You have seen how the various presidents and the various parties have worked, and one thing that is very clear is that PDP is still the number one party.
“There is something that all of us need as human beings, everybody eats, everybody, every day must eat, and if you cannot eat well, then you are not happy.
“PDP is the only party that can make sure all of us eat very well, in the morning, in the afternoon, and in the evening.
“Let us not make any mistakes, those of us that are adults, old enough to vote, if we vote wrongly, our children and grandchildren will not forgive us.
“Today, our country has a lot of challenges; look at all the presidential candidates, all of them are good people, but among all, we have seen that it is only Atiku that can deliver.
“If you have a soccer match, you go with your best 11, you don’t manage, if you have a wrestling or a boxing tournament, you go with your best, you don’t manage.
“Atiku is experienced enough; he has demonstrated clearly from his personal life and his business life that he has that capacity to bring this country to one, and make our economy grow, so that all of us will have food to eat.”