- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Mercy Aigbe reacts to Alibaba’s post about Nollywood actresses
Alibaba who backed Mercy Aigbe’s claim of not depending on movies alone to make money, shared an advice he gave some I-wanna-be-an-actresses.
He wrote on Instagram;
“I told all these I-wanna-be-an-actresses… that the stars they see shine because of the other businesses. The movie is not funding their lifestyles. The movies are a labour of love and passion… it pays but they make more from other hustles”
Mercy Aigbe who reacted to Alibaba’s post, wrote;
“This post on Bros Ali Baba @alibabagcfr has just been brought to my attention. First, I thank him for this shoutout… Thank you Uncle Ali, God bless you .In this world of consistent negativity, a word of encouragement is a light in the proverbial dark tunnel.
“Secondly, we all need to know that many of us in the entertainment industry are doing lots more outside of the industry. Many of us have clothing lines, make-up lines, real estate investment, car dealership, food company and the likes.
“The fact that you don’t know some of these things does not mean they don’t exist. When the men open doors to new houses, they are doing well or have thriving side hustle but when we, their female counterparts do great things men must have done it for us. We need to teach our young people (male amd female) how to give women their DUE . We are women, We are powerful, We have dreams and work hard as much as men. Women don’t need men to validate them.
“Likewise Men dont need women to validate their manliness. Success is not gender based. You make of your life what you choose to make of it. For me, I do art for passion and Business to survive. Once again God bless you sir @alibabagcfr ….. May we finally come to the light that women own and run businesses too (whether they are on social media or not)…….
Compliments of the Season”
You may also like to read; Nollywood actress Mercy Aigbe claims she’s still married