- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
- Boat carrying election results, INEC officials capsizes in Delta State; 12 missing
- Police accidentally shoot Election observer dead in Enugu
Mercy Aigbe reacts to Alibaba’s post about Nollywood actresses
Alibaba who backed Mercy Aigbe’s claim of not depending on movies alone to make money, shared an advice he gave some I-wanna-be-an-actresses.
He wrote on Instagram;
“I told all these I-wanna-be-an-actresses… that the stars they see shine because of the other businesses. The movie is not funding their lifestyles. The movies are a labour of love and passion… it pays but they make more from other hustles”
Mercy Aigbe who reacted to Alibaba’s post, wrote;
“This post on Bros Ali Baba @alibabagcfr has just been brought to my attention. First, I thank him for this shoutout… Thank you Uncle Ali, God bless you .In this world of consistent negativity, a word of encouragement is a light in the proverbial dark tunnel.
“Secondly, we all need to know that many of us in the entertainment industry are doing lots more outside of the industry. Many of us have clothing lines, make-up lines, real estate investment, car dealership, food company and the likes.
“The fact that you don’t know some of these things does not mean they don’t exist. When the men open doors to new houses, they are doing well or have thriving side hustle but when we, their female counterparts do great things men must have done it for us. We need to teach our young people (male amd female) how to give women their DUE . We are women, We are powerful, We have dreams and work hard as much as men. Women don’t need men to validate them.
“Likewise Men dont need women to validate their manliness. Success is not gender based. You make of your life what you choose to make of it. For me, I do art for passion and Business to survive. Once again God bless you sir @alibabagcfr ….. May we finally come to the light that women own and run businesses too (whether they are on social media or not)…….
Compliments of the Season”
You may also like to read; Nollywood actress Mercy Aigbe claims she’s still married