- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
- Boat carrying election results, INEC officials capsizes in Delta State; 12 missing
Father of 5 becomes mentally unstable after 14 days dry fasting and praying
A middle-aged man has gone mad after embarking on 14 days dry fasting and praying. The man whose identity could not be ascertained as at press time was said to have been married with five children.
He was said to be returning from the church where he carried out the fasting and praying when starting behaving abnormally.
Witnesses said he demanded for a plate of fufu and meat but started making incoherent statements saying he wants to take his life.
Several efforts by sympathizers to make the man go home were resisted as he rushed to lie down on the busy Upper Sokponba road in Benin.
The pastor of the church where he carried out the fasting came to the scene but refused to give his name.
He simply advised the people to allow the man rest and eat.
A former member of the church who pleaded anonymity said she left the church because of the manners members were subjected to hunger in the name of fasting.