- Breaking: 12 injured as 3 Storey Building Collapses in Lagos
- JUST IN: Court strikes out certificate fraud case against AbdulRazaq
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
Father of 5 becomes mentally unstable after 14 days dry fasting and praying
A middle-aged man has gone mad after embarking on 14 days dry fasting and praying. The man whose identity could not be ascertained as at press time was said to have been married with five children.
He was said to be returning from the church where he carried out the fasting and praying when starting behaving abnormally.
Witnesses said he demanded for a plate of fufu and meat but started making incoherent statements saying he wants to take his life.
Several efforts by sympathizers to make the man go home were resisted as he rushed to lie down on the busy Upper Sokponba road in Benin.
The pastor of the church where he carried out the fasting came to the scene but refused to give his name.
He simply advised the people to allow the man rest and eat.
A former member of the church who pleaded anonymity said she left the church because of the manners members were subjected to hunger in the name of fasting.