- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
- Boat carrying election results, INEC officials capsizes in Delta State; 12 missing
Oba of Benin finally reacts to rampant stealling of pants by Yahoo Boys in Edo State
Killing and using female underwear for money ritual alien to Benin culture, says Oba Ewuare II
The Oba of Benin, Oba Ewuare II, has warned Nigerian youths to shun money rituals. He spoke on Sunday during a thanksgiving service at the Holy Aruosa Cathedral in Benin to round off the 2018 annual Igue festival celebrations.
He said youths who cling to the illusion that they could become wealthy by killing people or stealing female underwear for ritual purposes would no doubt face the consequence. He added that the behaviour was abominable and alien to Benin customs and tradition.
The monarch interceded for Nigeria and her leaders and urged politicians and youths to shun acts that could undermine free, fair and credible elections in 2019 and also warned politicians to desist from violence and other acts inimical to the electoral process.
He cautioned youths not to allow themselves to be used as political thugs to cause mayhem during elections.
You may like to read; 2 Thieves caught stealing iPhone, 1 killed by Jungle Justice in Benin