- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
- Boat carrying election results, INEC officials capsizes in Delta State; 12 missing
Australian man shares heartwarming experience with a Nigerian family
While Nigeria as a country may have quite a bad reputation out there, it appears there are still some people changing that negative perception one step at a time and this Australian researcher has taken to social media to bear witness.
Identified as Nigel Stobbs, the researcher at Queensland University of Technology, recently left many Nigerians and Africans proud when he took to the Twitter platform to recount how an African family has continued to bring him food a year after his wife died.
He wrote: “Almost a year since my wife passed away. African family from my neighbourhood, I never knew before that day, still bring us a cooked meal once every week. They live a very frugal life. Africans welcome here.They’re Nigerian.
They just knocked on the door one evening with food. Didn’t make a fuss. It was just so human and natural. No idea how they even knew. Africans I’ve met have all been very humble and generous people.”
Meanwhile, fast rising actress, Sylvia Edem has got many people talking after she revealed her where her choice of a husband would come from.
According to Edem, she intends to marry a white man as Nigerian men are just not right. The actress revealed she dated a couple of Nigerian men and non of the relationships worked out, hence her decision to settle with a white man in the future.