- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Recipe of the day: How to prepare baked chicken and rice casserole
Winthinnigeria presents you our highly esteemed readers how to prepare baked chicken and rice casserole
- 2 cups rice – I used parboiled rice
- 2 chicken breasts – cut into 1-inch pieces boneless and skinless
- 1/2 bell pepper – chopped
- 1/2 medium onion – chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 oz block cheddar cheese
- Parsley for garnish (optional)
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 hour 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Grease your casserole pan with butter and put in the rice, chicken, garlic powder, white pepper, black pepper, chopped bell pepper, chopped onion, salt and water.
- Top with the remaining butter (cut into little pieces).
- Cover with aluminium foil and put in the oven uncovered to cook for one hour.
- Remove and top with the cheese. Then place back in the oven to cook for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley!
Your chicken and rice casserole dish is ready! Serve warm.