- Early Morning explosions rock Maiduguri few hours to elections
- BREAKING: Stolen card readers caught with three persons in Lagos
- BREAKING: JAMB shifts UTME exams
- Yobe State Deputy Speaker, Garba Ibrahim is dead
- Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri mosque, 11 confirmed dead
- Aide to Delta State Governor on youth matters, Ngozi Ijei shot dead
- BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
- BREAKING: INEC To Postpone Presidential Election
- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
Recipe of the day: How to prepare baked chicken and rice casserole
Winthinnigeria presents you our highly esteemed readers how to prepare baked chicken and rice casserole
- 2 cups rice – I used parboiled rice
- 2 chicken breasts – cut into 1-inch pieces boneless and skinless
- 1/2 bell pepper – chopped
- 1/2 medium onion – chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 oz block cheddar cheese
- Parsley for garnish (optional)
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 hour 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Grease your casserole pan with butter and put in the rice, chicken, garlic powder, white pepper, black pepper, chopped bell pepper, chopped onion, salt and water.
- Top with the remaining butter (cut into little pieces).
- Cover with aluminium foil and put in the oven uncovered to cook for one hour.
- Remove and top with the cheese. Then place back in the oven to cook for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley!
Your chicken and rice casserole dish is ready! Serve warm.