- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
Fake Assistant commissioner of Police arrested and paraded in Akwa Ibom
The Akwa Ibom state police command today paraded a fake police officer of the rank of assistant commissioner of police ACP).
The state police commissioner, Musa Kimo who paraded the suspect alongside 213 other criminals, said the fake police officer identified as Kingsley Udoyen of No.3 stadium road, in Abak council area of the state, had defrauded and threatened unsuspecting members of the public.
The CP mentioned that one English pistol without magazine and ammunition, portraits of chief superintendent of police and Assistant Commissioner of police, three pairs of uniform, police belt, fake police identity cards as well as other documents were recovered from the suspect.
Speaking to newsmen, the fake police officer said
”It started when I lost my job. I was with the police in Alagbon as a superintendent of police. I was dismissed in 2007 because of the illegal job I went for. I left Lagos in 2008 and went to Calabar where I met Glory Etim, my girlfriend. She is the one who bought all these police uniforms for me. She is a serving officer and works with the Police Secondary School.
I am a car dealer and I go to Cotonou. Since I was dismissed, I don’t have a job. I am 56 years old from Mbiaobong Ikot Etefia in Ikono and I am married with four children. I know what I am doing is against the law”, he said
The Commissioner of police further disclosed that one Joseph Effiong from Ikono local government area who worked as a security man at Royal City Central Chapel, Uyo was arrested for allegedly luring one little Miss Mfoniso Nse Okon to an uncompleted building and defiled her.
See full photo;