- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
Di’ja calls attention for change of age of consent in Nigeria
Mavins Records singer Di’ja has called for the change of age of consent in Nigeria, which is 11 years.
What this indicates is that according to the law, it is allowed for an individual to con-sensually have sex with an 11-year-old child to without any fear of being prosecuted by the law.
This the singer considers as being wrong and it’s high time it is changed.
Posting the screenshot above, the singer and mum of two wrote;
”Just going to drop this here and hear your thoughts …. We have come a long way, we have advanced beyond comprehension in a short amount of time, music, lifestyle, agriculture and are still growing.
That being said there are some areas I believe needs more attention and this is one of them.
There are many ways to go around this issue but the best one is to go through it… This isn’t a fight against religion, tribe, gender but a redirection of our energies and thought processes to protect the ones that birth your nation.
If children become psychologically, physically and emotionally damaged before a certain age all you will have are adults with suppressed memories of abuse, which lead to psychological mind ware-fare.. #saveme
The easiest way to destroy any nation is by creating fear rather than respect.
The child of today isn’t the child of yesteryears
See post below;