- BREAKING: Stolen card readers caught with three persons in Lagos
- BREAKING: JAMB shifts UTME exams
- Yobe State Deputy Speaker, Garba Ibrahim is dead
- Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri mosque, 11 confirmed dead
- Aide to Delta State Governor on youth matters, Ngozi Ijei shot dead
- BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
- BREAKING: INEC To Postpone Presidential Election
- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
Moneybag politicians cannot intimidate me – Sowore
AFRICAN Action Congress (AAC) presidential candidate Omoyele Sowore said yesterday he was not intimidated by the moneybag politicians.
Omoyele Sowore has vowed not to drop his presidential ambition. The AAC presidential candidate made the submission at Saturday’s 2019 Access Bank Lagos City Marathon, where he was a guest.
The presidential hopeful said that the mandate which he was pursuing was sacrosanct to the development of his represents, therefore, adoption of a consensus candidate by political parties won’t deter him.
He said; “I have a passion to fix Nigeria which has been there since I was younger. I am working on how this country can achieve the desired greatness.
“I am propelled by the appalling situation of this country that in spite of its abundance, we have yet to achieve anything; the older generation has failed the country.
“I am aware of some presidential candidates stepping down or the coalition of political parties having a consensus candidate. I won’t step down for anybody.
“I am not stepping down for any candidate because we don’t have anything in common. We are in the injury time before the election, so no stepping down.”
Sowore said he was not scared, adding that his desire to fix Nigeria was the driving point of his presidential ambition.
He said: “I am not scared of Nigeria’s political terrain. If the military dictatorship did not scare me, I can’t be scared off when we are in democracy though not in the right concept.
“I am not scared of the moneybag politicians; not scared of acceptance from Nigeria because I have travelled all over the country, including 34 states of the federation and Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
“I fully understand the terrain and I have what it takes to take Nigeria to the desired promise land. I don’t want to be bogged down by any political arrangement. I have been part of the political process in the country and my mission is to rescue Nigeria.”