- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
- Breaking: Buhari signs Polytechnic, National Institute for Security bills into law
- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
5 people killed, 3 injured after plane crashes into a house in California
On Sunday, five people were killed and three others were injured when a small plane crashed into a home outside of Los Angeles.
The crash killed the male pilot of the plane and four people (two males and two females) who were in the single-family home, the Orange County Sheriff’s Office said on Twitter.
The Orange County Coroner is working to positively identify those who died and notify next of kin, the sheriff’s office said. The crash occurred in Yorba Linda, according to the Orange County Fire Authority.
Three people, including a firefighter, were injured. Two individuals were transported to a nearby hospital with injuries. Those individuals were hospitalized with burn injuries, and the firefighter was treated for minor injuries.
The Cessna 414A had just departed from nearby Fullerton Municipal Airport before the crash, according to Allen Kenitzer, a spokesman with Federal Aviation Administration. The FAA and the National Transportation Safety Board are investigating, he said. Yorba Linda is located about 33 miles southeast of Los Angeles.