- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
Angry mob beats man to death for allegedly killing his mother in Enugu
The Police Command in Enugu State is now investigating the circumstance surrounding the killing of a man by a mob after he allegedly hacked his mother to death.
The man was said to have been killed by the mob at Isiagu Ibagwa community in Igboeze South Local Government Area of the state on Monday.
The state’s Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Ebere Amaraizu, confirmed the development.
Amaraizu said : “Tragedy had allegedly struck at Isiagu Ibagwa community when a son identified as Ifesinachi Ukwueze allegedly murdered his mother identified as Beatrice Ukwueze with a cutlass over a yet to be established issue.
“It was further gathered that the action of Ifesinachi Ukwueze allegedly angered irate mob who descended heavily on him and left him lifeless before the arrival of security operatives,’’ he said.
The police spokesman added that the dead bodies of the son and mother had been deposited in a nearby mortuary “while police operatives have commenced a full scale investigation into the incident.”