- BREAKING: Stolen card readers caught with three persons in Lagos
- BREAKING: JAMB shifts UTME exams
- Yobe State Deputy Speaker, Garba Ibrahim is dead
- Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri mosque, 11 confirmed dead
- Aide to Delta State Governor on youth matters, Ngozi Ijei shot dead
- BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
- BREAKING: INEC To Postpone Presidential Election
- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
Angry mob beats man to death for allegedly killing his mother in Enugu
The Police Command in Enugu State is now investigating the circumstance surrounding the killing of a man by a mob after he allegedly hacked his mother to death.
The man was said to have been killed by the mob at Isiagu Ibagwa community in Igboeze South Local Government Area of the state on Monday.
The state’s Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Ebere Amaraizu, confirmed the development.
Amaraizu said : “Tragedy had allegedly struck at Isiagu Ibagwa community when a son identified as Ifesinachi Ukwueze allegedly murdered his mother identified as Beatrice Ukwueze with a cutlass over a yet to be established issue.
“It was further gathered that the action of Ifesinachi Ukwueze allegedly angered irate mob who descended heavily on him and left him lifeless before the arrival of security operatives,’’ he said.
The police spokesman added that the dead bodies of the son and mother had been deposited in a nearby mortuary “while police operatives have commenced a full scale investigation into the incident.”