- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
Recipe of the day: How to prepare plantain and catfish peppersoup
The weather is completely perfect for mouth-watering peppersoup that will cause your nose to run.
- 4/5 catfish steaks
- 3 fingers of half-ripe plantain (chopped )
- Handful chopped onions
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers
- 1 tablespoon pepper soup spice
- Scent leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon crayfish powder
- Maggi cubes
- Salt to taste
- Mix chilli, ginger, ehuru, beef seasoning and salt.
- Season the catfish with the mix and set aside for 20 minutes.
- In a pot, put the seasoned fish, put the plantain, crayfish, onions, maggi, rest of the peppersoup spices and some water. Bring to boil on low heat.
- As soon as the fish is cooked, remove and leave plantain to cook till soft.
- Return catfish to the pot and add scent leaves, uziza/ effirin and leave to cook for about 2 minutes. Turn off heat.