- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Mr Duke Opeyemi, Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the Senator, disclosed this in a telephone interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Friday in Lokoja.
He said that the accident occurred at about 9 a.m on Friday, at Gegu community in Kotonkarfe LGA of Kogi state.
NAN reports that Ogembe is seeking re-election under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2019 National Assembly election in Kogi central.
According to Opeyemi, his bulletproof car somersaulted several times, but the senator and other occupants of the vehicle came out alive and un-hurt.
The senator expressed gratitude to God for saving his life and that of the people with him.
He prayed for more of God’s protection over his life, his family and the entire people of his constituents and Kogi state at large