- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
- Breaking: Buhari signs Polytechnic, National Institute for Security bills into law
- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
INEC to postpone election again, 3 northern states will be affected — Atiku exposes grand plot
The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, has alleged that the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC has plans to postpone election in 3 northern state.
According to a statement signed by Atiku’s spokesperson, Phrank Shaibu, the alleged plot was hatched at a closed-door meeting between the federal government and the three state governors in Abuja.
”Anything short of a simultaneous holding of the scheduled elections across the country on Saturday, February 23, is not acceptable to us.”
“The deal, cut at a meeting with some northern governors and service chiefs in the presidential villa in Abuja is simple:
The FG will shift election in the northern states of Borno, Adamawa and Kaduna citing security concerns to provide the APC the opportunity use security agents to massively rig polls in those states at a later date.
“The implication of the plot is that President Buhari, for all his sweet words on ensuring free and fair elections and avoiding unethical measures to win at all costs, is ready to do anything just to ”capture” Borno, Adamawa, Kaduna and other states using security reasons as a pretext.”
”The PDP would not lose any sleep over the ignoble deal since the battle to rescue Nigeria from incompetence and bad leadership will be fought by the people themselves and not by some desperate APC governors and or President Buhari.”