- BREAKING: Tottenham appoint Jose Mourinho as manager
- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
INEC to postpone election again, 3 northern states will be affected — Atiku exposes grand plot
The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, has alleged that the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC has plans to postpone election in 3 northern state.
According to a statement signed by Atiku’s spokesperson, Phrank Shaibu, the alleged plot was hatched at a closed-door meeting between the federal government and the three state governors in Abuja.
”Anything short of a simultaneous holding of the scheduled elections across the country on Saturday, February 23, is not acceptable to us.”
“The deal, cut at a meeting with some northern governors and service chiefs in the presidential villa in Abuja is simple:
The FG will shift election in the northern states of Borno, Adamawa and Kaduna citing security concerns to provide the APC the opportunity use security agents to massively rig polls in those states at a later date.
“The implication of the plot is that President Buhari, for all his sweet words on ensuring free and fair elections and avoiding unethical measures to win at all costs, is ready to do anything just to ”capture” Borno, Adamawa, Kaduna and other states using security reasons as a pretext.”
”The PDP would not lose any sleep over the ignoble deal since the battle to rescue Nigeria from incompetence and bad leadership will be fought by the people themselves and not by some desperate APC governors and or President Buhari.”