- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
Reno Omokri: The problem with Buhari’s order against ballot box snatching
Former presidential aide, Reno Omokri has highlighted the main problem with the order given by President Muhammadu Buhari to the military against ballot box snatching.
Few days ago, President Buhari warned against ballot box snatching, which he says anyone thinking of engaging in such will be doing so at the risk of his life.
He also stated that he has given order to the military concerning such situation.
His words have been heavily criticized by many who believe it is an order to shoot at sight instead of arresting and trying culprits in court.
One of those who have reacted to the order is Reno Omokri who believes it will become an excuse for the military to kill anyone.
“The problem is not with #BuharisShootToKill order to the @HQNigerianArmyagainst ballot box snatchers. The issue is that any soldier can now kill anybody on Election Day and justify it by claiming (whether true or not) that the person was snatching ballot boxes. Even your brother”, Reno Omokri shared on Instagram.
View this post on Instagram
The problem is not with #BuharisShootToKill order to the @HQNigerianArmy against ballot box snatchers. The issue is that any soldier can now kill anybody on Election Day and justify it by claiming (whether true or not) that the person was snatching ballot boxes. Even your brother.