- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
PDP rejects presidential election result announced by INEC
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) have rejected results of the presidential election being announced by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
The national chairman of the party, Uche Secondus labeled the announced results as “incorrect and unacceptable” to the party. Speaking at an ongoing press conference in Abuja, the PDP national chairman said “irregularities” in results so far announced have been discovered in Nasarawa state and the FCT.
“Our collation centres have the original results from all the polling units in the country. That is from where are going to reclaim our results,” he said.
“The results are incorrect and unacceptable to our party. Officials of the APC working with INEC have decided to alter results to affect our people. This must now be resisted by every well-meaning Nigerian.
“INEC must live up to its responsibility. They are under pressure. We have the facts and when the time comes, we begin to release them.”