- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
PDP rejects presidential election result announced by INEC
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) have rejected results of the presidential election being announced by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
The national chairman of the party, Uche Secondus labeled the announced results as “incorrect and unacceptable” to the party. Speaking at an ongoing press conference in Abuja, the PDP national chairman said “irregularities” in results so far announced have been discovered in Nasarawa state and the FCT.
“Our collation centres have the original results from all the polling units in the country. That is from where are going to reclaim our results,” he said.
“The results are incorrect and unacceptable to our party. Officials of the APC working with INEC have decided to alter results to affect our people. This must now be resisted by every well-meaning Nigerian.
“INEC must live up to its responsibility. They are under pressure. We have the facts and when the time comes, we begin to release them.”