- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
- BREAKING: Barely 24hrs after Oshiomhole Suspension, Edo APC suspends Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Deputy Gov, SSG
- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
Amidst controversies surrounding the impeachment of Elder Simon Achuba as the Deputy Governor of Kogi State by the Kogi State House of Assembly, Chief Edward Onoja has just been sworn-in as the Deputy Governor of Kogi State.
Onoja who was screened by members of the state assembly at the assembly complex in Lokoja in the early hours of today has been sworn-in by the Chief Judge of the state, Justice Nasir Ajanah.
WITHIN NIGERIA had earlier reported that Elder Simon Achuba was impeached as the Deputy Governor of Kogi state shortly after receiving the report of the panel set up to investigate allegations of gross misconduct against the former deputy.
Achuba on Sunday declared his impeachment as unconstitutional, saying that he will challenge it in court.
Onoja who recently resigned as the Chief of Staff to the Governor, is the running mate to Bello, in the November 16 state governorship election.