- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
Remi Tinubu wins Lagos Central senatorial seat
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared Senator Oluremi Tinubu, winner of the Lagos Central Senatorial District election.
The Returning Officer, Prof. Oyeyemi Oyedola, said Mrs Tinubu who ran for the election on the platform of the APC, polled a total of 131,735 votes while her main rival, Onitiri David of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) polled 89,107 votes.
“l, Professor Oyeyemi Elijah Oyedola, hereby certify that as the retuning officer, Lagos Central Senatorial District with the election held on 23 of February, 2019 that the election was contested among 14 candidates. I declare that Tinubu Oluremi Shade of the APC has satisfied the requirements of law and scoring the highest number of votes, hereby declared the winner and returned elected having polled 131,735 votes” the returning officer said