- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
- Boat carrying election results, INEC officials capsizes in Delta State; 12 missing
- Police accidentally shoot Election observer dead in Enugu
This Is How Much It Will Cost A Football Club To Sign Messi As Transfer Value Is Revealed
Lionel Messi may have a whopping release clause of £626million release clause at Barcelona , but his current transfer value is reportedly much less than that.
Messi penned a new four-year Barca contract worth £500,000 a week last season, with the improved deal expiring in 2021 and including a buyout clause worth €700million (£626m). That move was undoubtedly made to ward off interest in the Argentine superstar, a five-time Ballon d’Or winner.
It’s no surprise Barca want to keep Messi at the Nou Camp, given he has scored 585 goals in 671 appearances for the Spanish giants. And it remains to be seen whether Messi, 31, will ever leave Barca, having played all of his senior football at the club he made his debut for 15 years ago.
However should rival clubs wish to approach Barca regarding their star man, Transfermarkt, a website dedicated to football number crunching, have given them a helping hand.
They believe that Messi’s current transfer value is £144m – £482m cheaper than his current release clause.
Messi, meanwhile, played the full 90 minutes as La Liga leaders Barcelona won a tight and tense Clasico 1-0 at Real Madrid on Saturday.