- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
This Is How Much It Will Cost A Football Club To Sign Messi As Transfer Value Is Revealed
Lionel Messi may have a whopping release clause of £626million release clause at Barcelona , but his current transfer value is reportedly much less than that.
Messi penned a new four-year Barca contract worth £500,000 a week last season, with the improved deal expiring in 2021 and including a buyout clause worth €700million (£626m). That move was undoubtedly made to ward off interest in the Argentine superstar, a five-time Ballon d’Or winner.
It’s no surprise Barca want to keep Messi at the Nou Camp, given he has scored 585 goals in 671 appearances for the Spanish giants. And it remains to be seen whether Messi, 31, will ever leave Barca, having played all of his senior football at the club he made his debut for 15 years ago.
However should rival clubs wish to approach Barca regarding their star man, Transfermarkt, a website dedicated to football number crunching, have given them a helping hand.
They believe that Messi’s current transfer value is £144m – £482m cheaper than his current release clause.
Messi, meanwhile, played the full 90 minutes as La Liga leaders Barcelona won a tight and tense Clasico 1-0 at Real Madrid on Saturday.