- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
Manchester United legend Nicky Butt arrested after ‘assaulting a woman’
Manchester United legend and head of the club’s academy, Nicky Butt, was on Tuesday arrested on suspicion of assault.
Sportsmail reported that the 44–year-old was held by police at 2pm on Tuesday following reports that a woman had been assaulted, hours before United took on Barcelona in their crunch Champions League quarter-final second leg. Butt remained in custody into the evening and was set to be interviewed by officers.
The woman was reported to have suffered a small cut to her hand and did not require hospital treatment. A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: ‘Police were called at around 2pm on Tuesday 16 April 2019, to reports that a woman had been assaulted at a house on Broadway, Hale.
‘The woman received a small cut to her hand and does not require hospital treatment.
‘A 44–year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of assault and remains in custody for questioning.’
It was also reported that the former midfielder has been bailed out of Police custody. His arrest comes after another Manchester United legend Paul Scholes was charged with misconduct by the FA for placing 140 bets football matches.