- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Recipe of the day: How to prepare spicy palm weevil larvae (Akokuno)
Akokuno are what you get when a palm tree has been left to rot. These worms are roasted and eaten in some parts of Nigeria as a delicacy.
- Handful of palm weevil larvae (already grilled)
- Palm oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- Fresh peppers (chopped)
- 1 tsp ehuru
- Handful of scentleaves
- Salt to taste
- Heat a pan of oil and fry chopped onions for a couple of minutes.
- Then, add chopped fresh peppers and saute for another minute before adding salt, ehuru and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Pour grilled palm weevil larva and stir fry for a while. Add the scent leaves and saute for another minute. Turn off heat.
Your snack is ready!