- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
Recipe of the day: How to prepare spicy palm weevil larvae (Akokuno)
Akokuno are what you get when a palm tree has been left to rot. These worms are roasted and eaten in some parts of Nigeria as a delicacy.
- Handful of palm weevil larvae (already grilled)
- Palm oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- Fresh peppers (chopped)
- 1 tsp ehuru
- Handful of scentleaves
- Salt to taste
- Heat a pan of oil and fry chopped onions for a couple of minutes.
- Then, add chopped fresh peppers and saute for another minute before adding salt, ehuru and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Pour grilled palm weevil larva and stir fry for a while. Add the scent leaves and saute for another minute. Turn off heat.
Your snack is ready!