- Despite condemning some PDP’s evidences, Tribunal voids Oyetola’s victory, declares Adeleke winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
Recipe of the day: How to prepare spicy palm weevil larvae (Akokuno)
Akokuno are what you get when a palm tree has been left to rot. These worms are roasted and eaten in some parts of Nigeria as a delicacy.
- Handful of palm weevil larvae (already grilled)
- Palm oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- Fresh peppers (chopped)
- 1 tsp ehuru
- Handful of scentleaves
- Salt to taste
- Heat a pan of oil and fry chopped onions for a couple of minutes.
- Then, add chopped fresh peppers and saute for another minute before adding salt, ehuru and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Pour grilled palm weevil larva and stir fry for a while. Add the scent leaves and saute for another minute. Turn off heat.
Your snack is ready!