- BREAKING: Tragedy averted as Air Peace plane loses front tire, crash-lands in Lagos Airport [VIDEO]
- Breaking: Gunshots as Shi’ites return to the streets of Abuja
- BREAKING: House of Reps in rowdy session over El-Zakzaky, Shiites
- UPDATED: See full list of Buhari’s ministerial nominees
- UPDATED: Buhari appoints Akpabio, Keyamo, Fashola, 40 other ministers
- Buhari finally sends ministerial nominees list to Senate
- BREAKING: Multi-Million Naira Properties Destroyed As Ojodu Market Goes Ablaze
- BREAKING: Channels TV reporter shot during Shi’ites protest is dead
- Fatoyinbo vs Dakolos: IG orders case transfer to Lagos
- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
Recipe of the day: How to prepare spicy palm weevil larvae (Akokuno)
Akokuno are what you get when a palm tree has been left to rot. These worms are roasted and eaten in some parts of Nigeria as a delicacy.
- Handful of palm weevil larvae (already grilled)
- Palm oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- Fresh peppers (chopped)
- 1 tsp ehuru
- Handful of scentleaves
- Salt to taste
- Heat a pan of oil and fry chopped onions for a couple of minutes.
- Then, add chopped fresh peppers and saute for another minute before adding salt, ehuru and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Pour grilled palm weevil larva and stir fry for a while. Add the scent leaves and saute for another minute. Turn off heat.
Your snack is ready!