- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Boat carrying election results, INEC officials capsizes in Delta State; 12 missing
A speed boat has reportedly capsized along the Ebrohimi Creek in Warri North Local Government Area of Delta State leaving electoral materials with Ad-hoc Staff of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, and Security Operatives missing.
It was learnt that the incident happened late last night after the governorship and state assembly elections in the state.
It was gathered that the driver of the speed boat, who was on high speed, lost control after it was hit by torrential waves.
Immediately, 12 persons got missing from the speed boat which initially conveyed about 20 occupants including the electoral materials with the INEC Ad-hoc Staff and Security Operatives with the driver.
It was also learnt that the speed boat was returning after the election from Ebrohimi Community along the Benin River to Koko,Headquarters of Warri North Local Government Area of Delta.
Contacted, the Delta State Commissioner of Police, Adeyinka Adeleke, said the command was investigating if the boat mishap is true.