- BREAKING: Tragedy averted as Air Peace plane loses front tire, crash-lands in Lagos Airport [VIDEO]
- Breaking: Gunshots as Shi’ites return to the streets of Abuja
- BREAKING: House of Reps in rowdy session over El-Zakzaky, Shiites
- UPDATED: See full list of Buhari’s ministerial nominees
- UPDATED: Buhari appoints Akpabio, Keyamo, Fashola, 40 other ministers
- Buhari finally sends ministerial nominees list to Senate
- BREAKING: Multi-Million Naira Properties Destroyed As Ojodu Market Goes Ablaze
- BREAKING: Channels TV reporter shot during Shi’ites protest is dead
- Fatoyinbo vs Dakolos: IG orders case transfer to Lagos
- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
Boat carrying election results, INEC officials capsizes in Delta State; 12 missing
A speed boat has reportedly capsized along the Ebrohimi Creek in Warri North Local Government Area of Delta State leaving electoral materials with Ad-hoc Staff of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, and Security Operatives missing.
It was learnt that the incident happened late last night after the governorship and state assembly elections in the state.
It was gathered that the driver of the speed boat, who was on high speed, lost control after it was hit by torrential waves.
Immediately, 12 persons got missing from the speed boat which initially conveyed about 20 occupants including the electoral materials with the INEC Ad-hoc Staff and Security Operatives with the driver.
It was also learnt that the speed boat was returning after the election from Ebrohimi Community along the Benin River to Koko,Headquarters of Warri North Local Government Area of Delta.
Contacted, the Delta State Commissioner of Police, Adeyinka Adeleke, said the command was investigating if the boat mishap is true.