- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Childless woman caught stealing newborn baby burnt to death in Nasarawa
A 41-year old woman whose name was Mary Kulele from Akwanga Local Government Area in Nasarawa state was caught at a hospital in Akwanga where she quietly went into the hospital pretending to be a nice woman by rendering selfless services to pregnant women.
The Childless Woman, Mary, confessed to taking a baby from one hospital ward in Akwanga LGA of the State when the mother took her clothes to somewhere in the hospital compound to wash.
She was caught after a nurse raised an alarm over her suspicious presence in the hospital.
Although the baby was recovered in good condition, the angry youths in the area took laws into their hands and lynched her.
Despite her lengthy narration of her sympathetic life and marital experience, her plea for mercy and forgiveness fell on deaf ears as the youths smoked life out of her. She wailed and pleaded that her life be spared. She promised never to do it again but nobody came to her aid.
It was for the want of a baby that would console her in her old age, after she was sent away from her matrimonial home on account of infertility, after 10 years of fruitless and frustrating marriage, that she lost her life.