- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
- BREAKING: Barely 24hrs after Oshiomhole Suspension, Edo APC suspends Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Deputy Gov, SSG
- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
Nigeria deports 3 Ghanaian men, 1 woman for similar offenses hundreds of Nigerians committed few weeks ago in Ghana
The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) has carried out a deportation Order as authorised by the Minister of Interior in respect of four (4) Ghanaian Nationals for violating various provisions of the Immigration Act and Regulations.
The four Ghanaians deportation comes few weeks after some Nigerians were arrested and deported by the Ghana Immigration Service (GIS), in a crackdown on foreigners residing in the country without proper documentation (read here).
Their deportation is in line with the powers vested on the Minister of Interior in Section 45(1) and (2) of the Immigration Act 2015.
According to a statement on Friday in Abuja by the NIS spokesman, Sunday James: “The Order which was issued in the interest of the Public affects three males and a female.
i. Florence Donkur (F)
ii. Simon Gyan (M)
iii. Yeboah Collins (M)
iv. Alhaji Isa (M)
“They were deported to their country of origin via Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja today 22nd March, 2019 by 0900 hrs.
“The Comptroller General of Immigration, Muhammad Babandede, uses this medium to reaffirm the commitment of the Service to enforce relevant laws whenever the need arises while encouraging regular migrants in the country to be law abiding.“