- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
APC wins Ekiti supplementary poll
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared the All Progressives Congress (APC) winner of the Ekiti East Local Government Constituency 1 supplementary election.
Its candidate Adegbuyi Olajuwon was declared winner of the election by the returning Officer, Dr Chika Asokwa on Saturday’s evening.
The election had earlier been suspended by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on March 9 when the Governorship and House of Assembly elections were conducted.
Asokwa said Olajuwon of APC polled 5,484 votes defeat Hon. Ojo-Ade Fajana of the Peoples’ Democratic Party who garnered 3, 258 votes.
INEC Administrative Secretary in the state, who doubles as Acting REC, Dr Muslim Omoleke monitored the poll exercise with his staff, commended people of the area for their orderliness during the conduct.