- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
APC wins Ekiti supplementary poll
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared the All Progressives Congress (APC) winner of the Ekiti East Local Government Constituency 1 supplementary election.
Its candidate Adegbuyi Olajuwon was declared winner of the election by the returning Officer, Dr Chika Asokwa on Saturday’s evening.
The election had earlier been suspended by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on March 9 when the Governorship and House of Assembly elections were conducted.
Asokwa said Olajuwon of APC polled 5,484 votes defeat Hon. Ojo-Ade Fajana of the Peoples’ Democratic Party who garnered 3, 258 votes.
INEC Administrative Secretary in the state, who doubles as Acting REC, Dr Muslim Omoleke monitored the poll exercise with his staff, commended people of the area for their orderliness during the conduct.