- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Timaya reveals why he would shave his beards
Popular Nigerian singer, Timaya, has revealed that he would only shave his beards for N36 billion.
Speaking with Newsmen, Saturday Beats, the singer revealed that he would only shave his beards for $100m which is about N36bn.
The Ukwu singer said,
“Maybe $100m would make me shave off my beard. Other than that, I won’t shave it off until I feel like it’s time. I have been keeping the beard for about five years.
“When I cut the dreadlocks some years back, I felt it was necessary at the time. It represented where my mind was at, at that time. It’s also rather important to keep reinventing (yourself), to stay relevant.”
Timaya also spoke on his chances of going into the movie industry someday, he said;
“Right now, I have no interest in featuring in movies, but who knows. I’m going to be making music for as long as I live. To be honest, it hasn’t crossed my mind to ever quit music because it is not a second option for me, so whatever challenges I face, I always find a way to get past them.
“If I was not a singer maybe I’d be working in a bank and that was what my dad wanted me to do. I’d probably have been miserable at it as I can’t imagine doing anything other than music, to be honest,” he said.