- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
Single mother gives birth on a mango tree while escaping floods caused by Cyclone Idai
A woman gave birth on a mango tree while escaping floods in central Mozambique caused by Cyclone Idai.
The single mother, Amélia delivered her daughter, Sara, whilst clinging to the branches with her two-year-old son. The family was rescued two days later by neighbours, following storms that killed more than 700 people.
“I was at home with my two-year-old son when suddenly, without warning, the water began to enter the house. I had no choice but to climb a tree, I was alone with my son” she told the UN children’s agency Unicef.
Amélia and her newly extended family are now staying at temporary accommodation in nearby Dombe, and are reportedly in good health.