- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
Single mother gives birth on a mango tree while escaping floods caused by Cyclone Idai
A woman gave birth on a mango tree while escaping floods in central Mozambique caused by Cyclone Idai.
The single mother, Amélia delivered her daughter, Sara, whilst clinging to the branches with her two-year-old son. The family was rescued two days later by neighbours, following storms that killed more than 700 people.
“I was at home with my two-year-old son when suddenly, without warning, the water began to enter the house. I had no choice but to climb a tree, I was alone with my son” she told the UN children’s agency Unicef.
Amélia and her newly extended family are now staying at temporary accommodation in nearby Dombe, and are reportedly in good health.