- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
- BREAKING: Barely 24hrs after Oshiomhole Suspension, Edo APC suspends Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Deputy Gov, SSG
- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
Drama As Drug Testers Storm Anthony Joshua’s 30th Birthday Celebrations To Take His Blood Sample
Anthony Joshua’s 30th birthday celebrations were gatecrashed by drug testers – just as he was about to tuck into a massive chocolate cake.
The British star, 30, is gearing up for his rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr in Saudi Arabia on December 7.
Even when celebrating his big 3-0 he couldn’t escape his pre-fight preparations, as his day was ruined by a surprise drug test.
In a video shared on social media, Joshua’s pals can be seen bringing out a humongous cake – only for the doping testers to arrive.
Joshua was forced to give a blood sample – and probably didn’t have any cake either.
The Watford boxer has massively trimmed down in recent weeks as he looks to become quicker and more mobile – shedding plenty of muscle mass in the process.
Joshua lost his first-ever professional fight to Ruiz in June, in one of the sport’s biggest shocks – and is set to more than DOUBLE his net worth from the upcoming rematch.
And fans are thrilled that he looks “more like a boxer than a bodybuilder” now as he looks to exact revenge.
One fan said:“Joshua looks a lot better now he’s shedded the weight. Like he just wanted to pose for Instagram before.”
A fellow user wrote: “Yes AJ. The 2014/15 lean, mean, hook-wielding, uppercut-throwing machine is back by the looks of things.”
Another commented: “Anthony Joshua cutting plenty of weight for his rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr is absolutely what’s needed.”
A fellow user posted: “AJ appears to have lost some muscle mass which is great, he was better when not as big.”
Another wrote: “AJ was way too heavy for the first fight. This time he’s already shaved all that muscle off. Light work this time, he’s going to ruin Ruiz.”