- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
Anthony Joshua vs Andy Ruiz: Rematch confirmed after boxers signed contracts
Boxing promoter, Eddie Hearn has confirmed that both Anthony Joshua and Andy Ruiz Jr have signed contracts for a rematch.
Just last week, Ruiz refused to sign off on the rematch with Joshua unless he gets a much higher purse.
The Mexican is supposed to get around $9million (£7.5m) to fight Joshua in December but apparently wanted “significantly” more before he agrees to the bout.
But all is now set for the rematch for the IBF, WBA and WBO titles in Diriyah, Saudi Arabia on December 7.
“There will be press conferences in Saudi Arabia, London and New York with the fighters ahead of the rematch. Full details will come in due course.
“I can confirm that both fighters have signed for this return fight.
“In terms of the undercard, expect the very best from us. So many fighters want to be part of this iconic event.
“To fight fans, this will be an experience you will never, ever forget,” Hearn told Sky Sports.