- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
Graphics: Uproar As Armed Man Hacks Female Final Year Student To Death (photo)
There was pandemonium earlier today after a sixth-year medical student was attacked and killed on Tuesday outside the Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital in Eldoret, Kenya.
The victim identified as Ivy Wangechi who was about to graduate – was waylaid by a machete-wielding man as she was returning to her hostel after working in the wards.
The man who tried to flee after the attack, was caught and beaten to pulp by motorcyclists and has been admitted at the hospital. The attacker is said to be an employee of a betting firm in Nairobi
Medical students held a peaceful protest at the college near the hospital. Student leader Michael Maina said they will fight for justice for Wangechi.
Police were deployed at the college as students protested against poor accommodation, which they said has exposed them to security risks.
Moi University vice chancellor Isaac Kosgey confirmed the student had died and said they are working with the police to establish what happened. He said Wagechi’s family had been informed and urged students to be calm.