- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
‘Be glad you’re not yet in jail’ Buharis aide, Lauretta Onochie threatens Atiku
Lauretta Onochie, a special assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Social Media has declared that the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar should be glad he’s walking free and not languishing in jail.
According to the presidential aide, Lauretta Onochie, she saw a photo of Atiku, who lost the presidential election on February 23rd, with some weird inscriptions on it.
Although she didn’t mention what the inscriptions on Atiku’s photo were, she noted that the former vice president should counsel himself to avoid being tried for treason.
Onochie further said that Atiku should face his court case to challenge Buhari’s victory rather than stirring up mischief.
She wrote on Twitter on Tuesday: “I just returned to Abuja and saw Atiku’s photos with some weird inscriptions.
“For one who is lucky to be walking free, whatever he is planning, he shouldn’t forget that we have a President in place.
“Nigerians will insist that treason be treated as treason. He should counsel himself.
“When you lose an election, you either congratulate the victor or you challenge the election results in court.
“After foot-dragging, Atiku has now managed to go to court. It’s in the best interest of the nation that he continues in that legal path instead of stirring mischief.”