- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
- BREAKING: Moghalu resigns from YPP, canvasses for electoral reform
First female CBN Director, Ekwere Eleje makes history with N1,00 note
History made as Mrs Priscilla Ekwere Eleje becomes the first woman to have her signature on the 1000 Naira note
Mrs Priscilla Ekwere Eleje has made history by becoming the first woman to have her signature on the 1000 Naira note.
Mrs Ekwere Eleje is the first female Director of Currency Operations at the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN. She has also been confirmed as the substantive director of CBN.
Mrs Eleje was reportedly confirmed Substantive Director of CBN on August 30, 2018, and currencies printed from then on will carry her signature.
A recently printed 1000 Naira note was shared online and it shows the signature of Mrs Priscilla Ekwere Eleje.