- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
Two persons sleeping on rails crushed to death by Train in Kano
Two yet to be identified persons were on Tuesday crushed to death by a moving train in Kano.
According to an eyewitness the incident happened at about 8:00 a.m along a rail line behind Kano Club in Nassarawa Local Government area of the city.
The eyewitness further said that the two unidentified persons were said to have laid down on the rail track.
A statement by the Kano state Police Command Spokesman, DSP, Abdullahi Haruna said, “Tuesday at about 8:00hrs,report received by the Police, that two yet to be identified persons, who were laying on the rail track, were crushed by a moving train behind Kano club.
“The Police’s visit showed that, one of the victims was cut into two parts. The bodies have been evacuated to the hospital.”